Friday, November 10, 2006

How They Do It In Dubai



My first impression of this country is that it is a city in the middle of desert. I arrived Dubai at night, as such, I could not view the city from the airplane.

I could only see that there are lights every where in the city. In the morning, I found this country does not seem to be in the desert, because I can see greenth everywhere.



Few days later, until I see this, then only I know how they turn desert into greenth. If you go to the desert, you will not be able to see this kind of flower, because in the desert, it seldom rain. According to some local people, it rains once or twice in a year only. This kind of flower needs water.

How they do it? First, the worker will lay the black color pipes on the ground, then over lay the grass with soil on top.

Every morning, the worker will feed water into the pipe. With water, the grass can growth, and finally it covers the surface of the desert.

2 comments:

Selba said...

Yay! You are in Dubai! :)

I was there during my transit, but stuck in the airport for about 10 hours, couldn't get a 1 day visa. It's pretty difficult for Indonesian to get their visa.

Wow... so except the tall modern buildings, they are also quite high technology also with planting flowers in their country.

More Dubai's pictures please! :)

golfer said...

Yes. In Dubai, things are high tech., with money everything is possible. As such, they told us "In Dubai, everything is artificial, nothing natural, except the people and the desert."