Sunday, January 28, 2007

Corinthia Hotel - Tripoli, Libya




During my trip in Tripoli, we were staying in this hotel, Corinthia. I heard that this is the only 5 stars hotel in this city. This is a nice hotel, but not all hotel staff are friendly.



The last day of this trip, I finally got time to sneak out to take some photos outside the hotel. I went up to a old castle (which I think) to take this photo. There was a little girl following me went I enter the castle, and because of that I dare not go into the deeper side of the castle.


This is a 5 blocks bulding near the hotel. I think this is the largest commercial square in this city. From far, they look like 5 mineral bottles turned up-side-down.


This is the entrance to the old castle when I walked from the direction of the hotel. Few of my collegues enter the castle in order to go to the Greenth Square and Art market.

>
From the room I stayed, I can see the Mediterranean Sea.



This is another side of the city, from far I can see a few ships near the harbour. This is an old city, I hardly see high rise buildings.

6 comments:

Selba said...

Wow.. the view from your room is so nice... the mediterranean sea! :)

Selba said...

Oh.. btw, is Libya a safe country these days? From your pics, it looks so peaceful, not even a person on the street. How's the food? the women? animals?

golfer said...

It should be quite safe there, but it is not recommended to go alone in this country alone if you are a lady. The best is to get locals with you. The food is OK. Because the whether is good, they produce many types of fruit and easy to rare animals.
Women there are more open, at lease they don't cover their face. They dress like most of us.
You may not see many people on the street, I think because of the population is not high also.

Selba said...

I don't think I would ever visit Libya... because there are so many other countries are on my top list :)

Any chance to put more pictures of Libya in this blog, please...

PhotoCrazy said...

I tot u swim in the mediterranean sea.. or maybe touch it, since you are there.

How come you didn't go to Green Square or Art Market?

golfer said...

Selba,
I have few more photos to be posted. Coming soon.

Photocrazy,
Actually I went there with my colleagues, but the second day they went again.